Sunday, December 9, 2007

Counting Down the Days

Last week during one of my marketing group meetings I was surprised with some lovely flowers from Mom and Jimmy. It was so nice to feel special and get a little love from home. The marketing project ended up going about as well as it could have given the circumstances. I hope we did well because I've been studying for the final for the past couple of days and I'm worried that I'm not going to do that well on it. I just hope I pass the class and I'll be happy.
On Thursday night my friend Mike was helping throw a Christmas party down in Manly so the girls and I got dressed up and went to celebrate the holiday season. It was tons of fun-probably one of the best nights I've had in Manly and it made me even more excited for Christmas to get here and me to get home!!!! Only 9 more days until I'm on my way home. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by.
The other morning Sam and I decided to take the 30 minute walk out to North Head. It was really relaxing and the views were beautiful... I should have been going there all semester! What a hidden secret.
Today was Jan's 23 birthday. Last night a bunch of the German study abroads, Andria and I as well as a few Swedish girls all got together to celebrate. We ended up playing SingStar, which I love!! We had a such a fun break from all the studying that we've been doing lately.
(Andria, me, Insa and Bastian)
It's bittersweet thinking about leaving. I'm ready to be home and especially see all of you for Christmas, but at the same time I am going to miss the friends I have made. I have had so much fun with everyone and although I may see Sam again in the near future since she lives so close, I don't know when I'll see Insa or some of those from Germany or Sweden again. I'm so glad I have had this opportunity to make some friendships with so many wonderful people. It has been fun!!

2 comments:

karen burchett said...

We are ready for you to be home, but I know you will miss the friends you have made. I can't believe you have been gone almost 3months!!
The picture of North Head is beautiful, maybe you can get another walk in before you leave. I hope you passed your classes!
Love, Mom

Insa said...

Bittersweet is exactly the right word! I'll miss you, too!!!! But I'm sure we gonna see again, maybe not that soon, but you never know...I'm glad that I met you here and I am sure that we'll stay in touch! XXX Insa