Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I miss American food. Maybe I just miss home cooked meals, and on Thanksgiving especially!




About six Americans, including myself, decided to head over to Sydney to attempt a Thanksgiving celebration. Since we had class today and could not find a kitchen large enough to cook a proper Thanksgiving meal in, we ended up going to Pancake On The Rocks. The Rocks is a large area of central Sydney close to Circular Quay. On the weekends we have been shopping at the Rocks Markets.
This is a caricature I had done at the markets this weekend. It's suppose to be the Harbour Bridge and Opera House in the background. It is a fun place and very touristy.

The pancake restaurant actually felt more like home. Sure, it was almost as if we spent the holiday at Cracker Barrell, but it was still fun. We held hands for our Thanksgiving blessing and went around sharing our favorite memories of the trip thus far.


We also went out to celebrate Mike's 23 birthday!
After eating our pancake/nachos/Cesar salads we went down to the Market place for a Christmas tree lighting and celebration. There was a chorus singing Christmas carols, such as Aussie Jingle Bells (I'll have to remember to sing it for you, it's a hoot.) We may have missed the Macy's Day parade, but at least this got me in the holiday spirit. At the end of the celebration they lit up a big Christmas tree and set off lots of fire works. Maybe it wasn't a traditional celebration, but it was definitely a Thanksgiving I'll never forget.

1 comment:

Dad said...

I missed you so much at Thanksgiving. You have too many hugs to count when you get home! I am proud of you and I love you so much!! Love, Dad